Join the SPIRITMUV 40-Day Challenge, starting November 26! Why 40 Days? 40 symbolizes completion — as long as it takes. In the story of Noah, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights; Moses was on the mountain 40 days and 40 nights; the Israelites spied on Canaan for 40 days; Goliath taunted the Israelites for 40 days; Elijah traveled for 40 days and 40 nights to the Mountain of God; Jonah’s prophecy was that Ninevah would be overthrown in 40 days; Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights; Jesus walked the earth for 40 days after he was resurrected. What you will find is that at the end of these 40-day periods in the Bible, there is a always a blessing, always a powerful change. The old is released and the new comes forth in a remarkable way.
In Genesis 9, it teaches us that after Noah’s 40 days and nights on the ark, “God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.” And God even blessed them with a covenant — that would be for every living creature for generations to come. A rainbow was set in the clouds, as a sign of the covenant between God and earth. There, the 40 day period symbolized a complete cleansing of the old.
In Genesis 50, it says that “Joseph fell on his father’s face and wept over him, and kissed him. And Joseph commanded his servants the physicians to embalm his father. So the physicians embalmed Israel. Forty days were required for him, for such are the days required for those who are embalmed.” There, the 40 day period symbolized laying aside the past.
The Ten Commandments were handed to Moses over a period of 40 days, symbolizing the renewal of consciousness. Jesus conquered his demons in the wilderness for 40 days, establishing a full understanding of and commitment to his calling — which we know was an eternal mission of salvation.
These are just a few examples of how these meditations will bless us and change yoour lives.
If we do them daily, they will help us:
- Succeed by believing that we will;
- Love our way to success by transcending negativity;
- Center in success daily by tapping the power within us;
- Release the past and tell a new story of our success;
- Create the opportunities that we desire;
- Speak truth to power by claiming our success with every word that we utter;
- Envision success with our ability to see absolute good;
- Shine our light of success in every aspect of our being;
- Accept our victory without hesitation, fear or doubt; and
- Do even greater things than we could ever imagine.
So sign up and treat yourself to just 15 FREE minutes for your success.
Rev. Cecilia Loving